In accordance with the mission of North Shore Senior Center to foster the independence and well-being of older adults, enhance their dignity and self respect, and promote their participation in and contribution toward all aspects of community life, House of Welcome Adult Day Services has laid out a road map to support the quality of life of people with memory loss and their families with the following goals:
- To provide socialization, stimulation and therapeutic activities for participants to support optimal functioning and quality of life.
- To provide support and respite for family caregivers.
- To support people with memory loss in living in the community for as long as appropriate.
- To support the social, educational and emotional needs of people with early memory loss.
- To provide the opportunity to socialize, learn about memory loss, discuss concerns and build on strengths.
- To provide opportunities for activities that support cognitive abilities.
- To provide support for family caregivers.